Ime Udoka’s girlfriend Nia Long continues Boston Celtics week on Playerwives.com.
Wait, I thought they were married?!?
A lot of people did and do. But, no Ime Udoka’s girlfriend is technically his fiancee, though may never become Ime Udoka’s wife. Now, with all the confusion, we thought it a good idea to take a quick run through the couple’s timeline.
- In 2010, the couple was set up on a blind date, in … wait for it … Boston. Ime was playing for Sacramento, and in town to play against the Celtics. A mutual friend set them up while Nia was shooting a pilot, and the rest was history.
- In 2011, the couple announced they were expecting their first child together. Kez was born in November 2011. Nia has a son, Maasai, from a prior relationship.
- In 2015, Nia Long ditched the title of Ime Udoka’s girlfriend, to say yes to his proposal. The transition is a long one, however. Because,….
- Later in 2015, Ime Udoka’s girlfriend simply said the couple was taking their time with wedding plans. As their lives continued together, there was no progress on that wedding front until …
- Late 2020, Nia revealed they may never actually get married. The went on the “Yes Girl” podcast to set things straight. They are a partnership that’s working, and while Nia understands the religious aspects of marriage, and the fairy tale dreams of a wedding, it’s not something that drives her.
In 2021, Ime landed his dream job, as head coach of the Boston Celtics, and the family went along for the ride. Nia battled Deuce Tatum for title of biggest Celtics superfan during their Finals run. The family seems to be working, marriage certificate or not.
Nia Long’s career
Ime Udoka’s girlfriend, or Ime Udoka’s fiancee – whatever works for you – has a long acting resume under her belt. She first hit the national landscape in 1991, with a role in Boyz In the Hood. She’s worked consistently since, with more than 30 years of regular work in TV and Movies. She has dozens of nominations and won multiple awards during her career including three NAACP Image Awards.
With Ime and Nia running the show, it’s a power couple at it’s finest.