GD Star Rating
PhotosShawne Merriman's girlfriend Tila Tequila
Though, I think it's safe to assume she's his ex girlfriend now, 4.0 out of 10 based on 249 ratings
- Maiden Name: This isn't her maiden name, rather just her real name: Thien Thanh Thi Nguyen
- Date of Birth: October 24, 1981
- Time Together: Unknown, and to be fair, it's not known if they were ever officially together. News of the two being together were not publicized until this weekend's events. Despite numerous news reports calling them a couple, neither party has confirmed or denied that they were anything more than just friends.
- Resume: Tequila is a model who became famous for having more than 2.5 Million friends on MySpace before she went on to reality fame. She starred in her own MTV bisexual dating show called, "A Shot of Love with Tila Tequila," in which 16 single men and 16 single women competed for a chance to date Tequila. Tequila chose a man as the season one winner, and a woman to take the title in season two.
- Fun Facts: Back to Tequila and Merriman. Reports go something like this:
The two were hanging out together on the night of September 5, into the early morning of September 6. The two were seen hanging out in a VIP area at San Diego nightclub, Stingaree, where witnesses also saw Tequila giving Merriman lapdances for the better part of the evening(so much for the just friends angle).
Tila called the cops at 3:45am, accusing Merriman of choking and restraining her against her will. The war of words has escalated from there. Merriman alleges that Tequila was drunk and he was simply doing the right thing by not allowing a drunk friend to leave until safe transportation could be arranged for her. Tequila responded to that claim by reminding the world that she is actually allergic to alcohol, and that her name is infact derived out of an ironic joke.
The trash talk has continued, including Tequila alleging many things about Merriman on her Twitter account including steroid use.
We certainly don't condone domestic assault in any capacity, but it sure looks like Tequila can hold her own in a public fight. This war of words is entertaining, and probably only going to get more moreso as details come to light. Stay tuned.